Thursday, August 9

I Feel Him There

As I walk from The Broken Piano to the shuttle bay, I am met with an eerie feeling. Someone is there. He has found me again. I speed up my pace but it is too late. He moves swiftly, grabbing me by the throat. I struggle in vain.

He pulls a knife, "You should have been more careful, Lasairiona. I may not have managed to kill your last brat, but I will kill this one." I gasp as I recognize the voice. It's useless to plead. His eyes are hard. His mind determined, "Precocious little slut."

My world is spinning. I can feel myself losing consciousness. I'm cursing myself and trying to fight. I dig my nails into his hand as hard as I can. He yelps and I fall to the floor.

There is one thought on my mind. Run! I stumble to my feet. I hear a loud crack and a burning pain erupts over my back. No, stupid girl! Run! RUN! I ignore the pain and dive into a shuttle. The operator stares in horror and shouts, "SECURITY!" My abdomen contracts and I sob, "No!" The world fades to black.

I wake up in bed at home. My father asleep by my bedside. Everything hurts. I moan slightly and his eyes fly open. He looks relieved. I ask how long I've been asleep and he says just overnight. He asks what happened and I ignore him, asking instead about the baby. He shakes his head. I curl myself into a ball and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment