Friday, January 25

Old Friends

In the span of just a few days, I have had two very interesting things happen to me. Both ironically occurred in my usual haunt, The Broken Piano. First, my good friend Raxip has returned from a lengthy stay planet side. I was thrilled to see him. He felt the twins move as well, which was very sweet. I must have occupied his thoughts while he was away because he drew a lovely picture of me. I was very touched by this. He has always been so kind to me, seeking nothing in return. I hope that he stays around now that he's back.

The second thing is probably the more intriguing of the two. Eric Lancier and I have been friends for many years. I distinctly remember scooping him off the floor when he was in one of his drunken stupors and helping him to the shuttle bay. We have always had a rather curious friendship. He fears disappointing me and I always assure him that he couldn't possibly do such a thing. Well, I discovered that his recent attempts to become sober are because of me. He told me as much when he admitted he had more than feelings of friendship towards me.

Now, I am so confused by all this. I'm not seeking any kind of attachment at the moment. I have another gentlemen avidly seeking, for lack of a better word, a one night stand with me. I'm just unsure if I'm ready for that. It's too soon. My heart is still broken. I wonder if it will ever be whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment