Saturday, May 26

One Year Later

Coming back to these logs feels like I'm coming back to an old friend. Last I updated, Madeleine had just been born. Now, she is one year old. I have reconnected with my mother and sisters. Madeleine is fully enjoying her time with her cousins. I have left her on Teonusude with my family as I am working for my mother now and it just is not safe for her to travel the cluster with me anymore.

I withdrew from most of my friends and acquaintances for some time to focus on Madeleine. I was not surprised when one of them had moved on. I had hoped we would have a future together. Silly of me to assume he would wait for me. Of course I have been hurt before, but this pain was different than all the others. Different than the first time I was left alone and starving in a station. Again, I will overcome this pain as I have always done, but I do not know how long it will take.

Others have moved on as well. The Broken Piano is much quieter than it used to be. I miss the hustle and bustle of times passed.

I met a new friend as well. He seems very nice and I hope to have many more conversations with him in the future.

I have given myself a bit of a makeover. I feel that my old style was a bit too carefree. I am content with something more distinguished.

I hope to keep up these logs more diligently. Until next time then.


No comments:

Post a Comment